Monday, December 9, 2013

Spoken Poetry Inspiration for Pecha Kucha


Spoken Poetry Inspiration for Pecha Kucha 

So for my Pecha Kucha I would like to have the passion of spoken poem within it, it's actually what helped to inspire my manifesto. It thus feels fitting. Chelsea showed me Sarah Kay's spoken poem during class a couple weeks ago and I loved it. Her words strung together so beautifully and really had some of the visuals to connect to feelings that I wanted in my own manifesto. This can be seen in the way I tried to put my words together visually to express complex emotions and the idea of the importance of experience. The important part of my presentation will be showing the passion of life that I feel people should experience. Another good example of passion would be this spoken poem.


Although their passion may be a little too strong for my pecha kucha, the ideals pointed out really sing through to me and I hope as I go through the slides I have a well thought out way of portraying the story I'm trying to tell. The way they kept a firm beat really enabled the listener to connect with them. Finally, I hope I can somehow combine my ukulele as either background instrumentals or incorporate some form of singing. Well, I better finish my slides and practice, practice, practice!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment