Sunday, August 26, 2012

A Sample of My Color Project


Here are some of my gorgeous pictures for the Color Project. I felt like my camera skills grew better throughout my picture taking yesterday. Also, I now feel like I've been noticing hue, value, and chroma everywhere!


Chroma Dominance: This was one of my last pictures of the day. I feel the strong chroma aids in the overall flow of the picture. It gives balance and it makes the subtle colors on the butterfly necklace nicely stand out. 



Transition in Hues: A dress I own and especially love the transition in hues. The differences in all the purple hues helps to form the overall image of the flowers. 




Harmonious Values: The dancer's outfits and background are dark values whilst their faces and limbs stand out in light values. These values make the piece dramatic and help portray the emotions of the dance.


Contrasting Hues: Aesthetically, the contrasting hues look really bland on the car and remind me of Christmas. Yet, if you think practically, the red sticks out immensely against the green and makes the car’s lights really visible.


Limited Palette:  The limited value on this piece helps lead the eye to the main feature of the watch. It also, provides an overall feeling of warmth. It feels almost like a valentines piece, but it isn't and that can be something the designer should've been wary about. 


Harmonious Hues: I really enjoy how weather maps are colored. They help reveal the heat and cool weather through the showing of color. In this cause the harmonious hues explain the immense heat hitting the United States. 


Contrasting Values: This skirt’s values are all over the place. It varies by the horizontal rows and goes from completely dark to light and everything in between. The piece feels very confusing as a whole and it makes it hard for the eye.


Harmonious Chroma: I really like the look of this chair. It is simplistic in color, but the shape is enough visual appeal that color would tarnish the piece. Personally, I usually don’t like simple colors, but the harmonious chroma works really well in this case. 


Contrasting Chroma: I love this fabric because of the contrasting chroma. It varies between bright
 and subtle. It really looks sharp and unique.


Soften the Contrast: This fabric has numerous colors on it and usually wouldn’t work together. With softening the usually hard colors the piece works and flows well for the eye.


Use of Neutrals: The plate stands out with its use of yellow and floral print, but it works because of the use of the neutral gray in the background. 



Key the Color: This book is a little outdated by the looks of the stars, but I do like the look of colors and how to portrays a feeling of warmth from all the yellow and it makes me crave food. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment