Friday, November 9, 2012

The Tunnel Book Research





The Tunnel Book Research

Yesterday I went to the Spencer Research Library for the first time. My sister works there part-time, but I’ve never been there for actual research. I loved going in there and being all cool and mature. My teacher Linda told me about actual tunnel books I could reference there. It was a really neat experience. She also told me about a library assistant named Espeth, who was a great help. I mainly looked at two tunnel books by Rand Huebsch. It really made the entire idea of a tunnel book a lot simpler. His books were really beautiful and the way he formed the book was simple, but really expressed his drawings. For fun, Espeth pulled out an old Victorian peep show book. It was so beautiful to peer through and displayed, I believe, an exhibit from London, England. They really inspired me and taught me so much. I really hope I can make such a beautiful book myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment