Thursday, May 9, 2013

Arrested Development Appreciation Post


Arrested Development Appreciation Post

This must be very shocking for you reader. For one of the few times I am not talking about an animated cartoon or comic, but an actual live-action sitcom that aired on Fox almost a decade ago. Yes, I am an avid fan of Arrested Development I can continuously watch the same episodes of this show over and over because of how well its done. The design of the show was really well thought out from the narrator to the interweaving of the characters. I deeply love how their interactions play out with one another. As an Illustration major, my deepest passion is in character development and this show has some of the best. 


I mean from Jason Bateman's portrayal of the uptight but ever well meaning Michael Bluith, to his son George Michael Bluith that has a secret crush on his cousin Maebe. The show's comedy and wit would not work without the cast of misfit characters that make up the Bluith family. This includes my all time favorite characters Tobias and Gob. Although my love of them would not even exist without their interactions with the rest of the family. All in all this show is a joy to watch for fun as well as for being a designer. It has taught me a lot about the importance of characters. If the characters weren't who they are, the show wouldn't work the same way as it does so well. I'm eagerly awaiting the unexpected, but exciting arrival of the new season this month I hope the humor and wit has stayed intact. 



No comments:

Post a Comment