Monday, September 16, 2013

The Start of Project 2




The Start of Project 2

To be honest, I'm actually really looking forward to this project. I've always been interested in grids and proper hierarchy. So I'm glad I get to learn about it! One of the main reasons I feel like being a design major fits me so well is my unquenchable thirst for knowledge. Over the last year I truly grew to understand my love to learn. Not only did I learn new things in college, but I tried new things and began to teach myself various other skills. In design we have to deal with so many different clients and forms, that I feel like you always have to learn something new to create that great final product. Some other jobs you can only learn so much about a specific subject, but in design you learn more than just design you have to thoroughly understand the subject of what or whoever your creating something for. 

My curiosity of things is constantly expanding. I'm always trying to learn or understand. I also love to evolve the opinions I already have with new knowledge. Right now I currently have various skills I'm trying to teach myself on the side. They include: playing the ukulele, cooking, knitting, becoming ambidextrous, and maybe practicing whistling or learning grammar better. My desire to learn never stops. That's why I'm glad for my manual of choice. I chose the Owl Mug Wrap directions. 

I already love knitting, so having an understanding of crochet would be cool too! Not only could I make these directions look aesthetically a lot more easier to process for the viewer's eye, but I can try my hand at crochet. I love crafting! So it kind of kills two birds with one stone. Also, it'd definitely give me better photos for the final piece. Although the important thing is the grid I'll be making, rather than the photos. I think photos are important, too though in the aspect that its what catches the viewer's eye first. 

Anyway for those interested, we can learn how to crochet together. I'm teaching myself through mainly online tutorials and this is one I found last night that seems really informal on the beginning process. 


Hope everyone has as much fun with their second project as I am!


No comments:

Post a Comment