Thursday, September 6, 2012

Works in Progress #1





Works in Progress #1

Here is my first try at placing the objects together. It looks okay, yet is missing a lot of color and background. The whole floating background does not work and there's an inconsistency between the medias used within the piece. I feel like I really held back at this point and tried to limit the amount on this piece. I was truly trying to make a simple look, but the simplicity actually caused more problems than solutions. Also, I was trying to avoid the surreal and make it realistic, yet the floating objects read the exact opposite.  Although this composition was very much a failure, it taught me a lot. My drawing skills were actually a lot better than I thought and the values on the whisk were really well done for myself. Also, just from drawing the pieces over and over again I practiced drawing objects from sight. This is something that I continuously need to work at, but the fact that I'm slowly making progress really makes me happy. At this point, I also had no idea how to place the title and it had really become an obstacle to resolve throughout the process. But, I knew that my final piece would look completely different from this!


No comments:

Post a Comment