Friday, November 1, 2013

Response to Kaitlin Obermeyer's Post



"All you need is one good comment, just one little thing to hold on to." 
-Elijah Gowin explaining what it's like to be in a design critique.

Response to Kaitlin Obermeyer's Post

I think this quote Kaitlin posted is incredibly true. In design critiques are increasingly common and you have to be able to take them constructively if you're ever going to survive. It's something I've learned the hard way, but now have moved past. I prefer criticism over compliments, because I feel they further my designs rather than compliments do. Now looking at how this semester has developed I realize how much I've come to mature through the criticism. On rare occasions recently I've felt down about my designs, and those singular compliments have kept me going. They make me realize how much I've come and how far I still have to go before I feel I can call myself an Illustrator. 

1 comment:

  1. Praise is good! But sometimes criticism is so much better.

    ReplyDelete