Thursday, March 28, 2013

Concept Statement for Vessel Project



Concept Statement for Vessel Project

Wood is a natural element. It grows in the wild on trees and other plants. I want to bring this basic element back to nature. My objects are seeds. They need a vessel to settle and grow. Essentially, I would like to make a garden box for herbs that can be made into tea. I secretly have a dream of creating my own foods and drinks from plants I’ve grown. The box would have to have an organic shape that relates to its naturalistic qualities. Also, it would need to be able to withstand water, dirt, and other basic elements that go with growing a garden. I really want something that can be used after the project is over. The shape doesn’t have to be perfect since it’s organic and I want it to be smooth, but I also want it to be imperfect. My ideal box would hold the plants and look like it just came from nature. I feel like the organic shape will easily relate to my object and give the piece the loose look I’m looking for.  


No comments:

Post a Comment