Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Final Comments Over the Chair Project




Final Comments Over the Chair Project

This project took a lot out of me. Not only as a designer, but was also just mentally challenging all around. It’s terribly hard  to work on something that you’re not good at. No matter what I tried or how patient I was, my design did not intially turn out the way I wanted. I do like the final design though. The entire piece is very abstract. My main idea of duality comes across easily once explained. Also, I like that the piece is not perfectly cut. I believe it adds to the aesthetic quality of the work. From the first chair I adapted the imperfect quality of the work and added it into my final design. The reasoning behind this is because the start of new romantic relationships is fragile. From far away the piece looks stable and strong. Once viewed up close all the imperfections are shown. I feel this best represents a new relationship. At a distance a romantic couple looks very stable, but may actually be just starting out and this delicate time can easily fall apart. Much like the chair. The imperfections in the cutting and overall shape, show how a relationship just begins to develop and sometimes does not need time to quickly develop. All in all this project was highly difficult for me skill wise. If had a chance to do it again I might have boughten more cardboard and figured out how to get the fresh cutters into my exacto knife. Otherwise I feel my piece gets my point across.

No comments:

Post a Comment