Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Description of Vessel Project




Description of Vessel Project

This project was to design a box that could hold an object of our choice. It could be anything, but it had to have a purpose or reason for making a box for it. I chose some seeds for my object of choice. I’ve always wanted a garden pot and I thought it could be a good way to inspire me to do this project. A vessel can hold objects to protect them, shield them, and various other reasons. My dream is to have a little herb garden that I can actually use to make drinks and dishes. We have to make the vessels out of wood and use a band saw and other wood cutting tools. After cutting the pieces they need to be sanded and then glued together again. After that it needs to be sealed. My box will most likely need holes at the bottom for the water to drain. All in all I’ve always wanted to learn how to make things out of wood so I think this will be a good experience. I’m trying to be more open and with the flow. I feel like I need to stop limiting myself as a designer and start enjoying these various projects.   


No comments:

Post a Comment