Thursday, March 7, 2013

Description of Exercise 2





Description of Exercise 2

My chair’s essence of duality came from the start of a budding romantic relationship. This means either first intially liking another person to actually dating.The start of a new relationship can be fun and exciting. Although from close up it can also be very unstable and easily broken. I want to portray this fact in my piece. This chair will not be comfortable or very attractive and strong. This relationship will be barren and essentially the bones on which a true relationship can form. My piece will be simplistic and abstract to get certain ideas across. I want it to be basic. Not only because of the relationship, but my skills in the art of paper are terrible. I also would like to mix aspects of masculinity and feminity. Through the use of form or actual structure. I hope from this part of the project I learn more patience with cutting and have a more understanding of cardboard as a form of design, because currently I just hate it. Personally, this form of design gives me little interest and I have such a hard time with clean cuts. It really makes me feel like a pathetic designer and a failure in every aspect. Oh well, maybe there is still hope for me in other parts of design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment