Friday, April 5, 2013

Gravity Falls Appreciation Post




Gravity Falls Appreciation Post

I don't watch very much television. Primarily I will watch cartoons from time to time, but Gravity Falls has become my new favorite cartoon show. The characters are well developed and easy to relate to. Their everyday shenanigans are very interesting and a joy to watch unfold. As well as the gorgeous animation and art. I mean have you seen the intro??


This show was definitely made by people brought up in the eighties. The humor is well done to make it enjoyable for both adults and kids. Did I mention they have supernatural adventures? In many ways this show reminds me of the Goonies and other eighties films. Although it does remind me of other things, Gravity Falls also has a heart all its own. Mable Pines is me in a lot of ways. I relate to her character so much even though she's only twelve years old and her voice actor is Kristen Schaal! My favorite comedian. The overall design of the show is beautifully done. Little aspects change or are repeated in each episode. An example would be Mable's change of sweaters and the continuity of the episodes. Unlike other children's shows, Gravity Falls recalls past episodes and experiences rather than forgetting everything that happened next episode. So if you're ever looking for a show that has a mixture of Cartoon Network humor and Disney heart, I highly recommend Gravity Falls. Plus did I mention the beautiful animation? 

No comments:

Post a Comment