Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Project Summary





Project Summary


This project brought about new challenges for me. From having to use a bandsaw to really
thinking out my design, the vessel project was not the easiest. It made you utilize my time
more wisely. The common shop was only open at specific times so I had to work around their clock.That wasn't easy, especially with work added to the mix.Yet the overall process of making my vessel was a lot of fun. For the first time in a while, I stepped out of my comfort zone and experimented and it actually worked. I also discovered a new found liking for wood working. I loved sanding and cutting. Smooth, soft wood is like catnip to me. After all the hard work I put into this box, I'm glad I'll be able to enjoy it for years to come. Design has challenged me in both good and bad ways. It's nice to say that I really liked this project at the end of it. Although I sometimes question the purposes of certain projects, it's always a joy to discover a new talent or hobby. I definitely would like to work more with wood again sometime, when I'm not so busy. More for fun and less for a grade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment