Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Kate Beaton Appreciation Post



Kate Beaton Appreciation Post

Kate Beaton is the love of my life. She essentially takes two of my favorite things in the world to make one beautiful baby. These two items are cartoons and history. Not only does Kate write witty stories, her art engages the audience and makes the experience all the more enjoyable. Her subjects expand upon a large content of not only history, but literature and other aspects she's interested in. The comics are really funny and I feel like you can learn something. Sometimes she creates comics over historical figures and gives a quick bio of them in her comments. It leads me to learn more about these people. So in a round about way I learn something new.


Also, her comics are so original. It's just such a great mix of her own style and humor that have made her comic series titled Hark! A Vagrant so successful. They are funny enough for non-historians and historians alike to find amusement. In a world where web comics are currently become more and more detailed, Kate Beaton's stands out. It's simple. She doesn't go overly detailed and lets the jokes tell themselves. I hope she continues to do this for years to come, because I'm a huge fan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment