Thursday, October 25, 2012

Playing with Text



The Difficulties of Dynamic Type Font

This part of the project was really tough for me. I'm an illustration major and trying not to express the words through actual pictures was really hard. So I experimented with the weight of the letters, location, contrasting white and black. I also mixed with layout of the font. 


This assignment made me realize the variety of ways font can change and be used. You can express so much with just text and illustrate their meanings. Compress was also an easily illustrative word. Before, I had no desire to learn about font, but now I realized how much there is to font. There are a number of rules, regulations, and specific words to describe certain aspects about font. This assignment opened my eyes to possibilities along with the adaptability of text. 



No comments:

Post a Comment