Thursday, October 18, 2012

Reflection on the Second Project






This project took a lot out of me. I learned so much, made a number of mistakes, but in the end the results were amazing. Our final prototype turned out beautifully. At first I had no clue about creating a prototype and this project made me feel a tad inferior to the other design majors. I felt out of place for a good portion of this project and only felt like I could really help with sketching designs for the whisk, creating storyboards, and making the i-movie video. Yet, by the end of this project I felt like I did more than enough of my share of the work. Also, I found the whole prototype process making pretty interesting. I don’t trust myself with power tools, but it was fun to learn about different ways to carve wood and see Zak carve our prototype handle. At first, it was difficult to find where my abilities could help the most. But over the duration of the project, I did eventually find my spot.  The mapping technique that helped me the most was the mindmap. I really like putting all my ideas out so I can see them and then create connnections. As a group we gout our ideas out really well from using the mindmap. It enabled us to get everything out and then pick through our random thoughts. Although this project tried me at times, it was fun to learn about a different major an dtry something completely new.

No comments:

Post a Comment